3.03.2014

Glazed Snickerdoodle Waffle Cookies

.  I have to say it...

You will LOVE. these. cookies.


There was really no rhyme or reason as to why I needed to test out this recipe.  Maybe for the fact that I was itching to try something new.  Or maybe because I wanted to use the beloved waffle iron I just had to have for the...second time now.  

Probably a combination of both.

But regardless of the reason, this a unique, fun treat that you can't ignore.  I'm serious.  Particularly for the Snickerdoodle lovers of the world, you'll find this cookie twist quite refreshing.


And how could you not?  The classic cinnamon, buttery Snickerdoodle dough is baked to perfection on a waffle iron, producing a non-traditional, supa-cute cookie shape with an ever-so-slightly crunchy exterior encasing a soft, yet chewy center.  

Oh, and then topped with a smooth cream cheese glaze that takes this goodie to the next Snickerdoodle level.

I won't be able to explain to you well enough just how addictive these little guys are.  For those that I could bare to part with, I shared these cookies with our dog walker and the front desk staff in our building.  Thank goodness for them, otherwise I would have consumed the entire batch on my own in one weekend.  Because once you start, the fun just don't stop!


Until you have a stomach ache ☺︎

But I know you have more self control than I.  So if you have a waffle iron [or are on your way to go get one!], I hope you're already gathering together the ingredient list.  You'll thank me.  You'll see.

Happy baking!  .



Ingredients:
Snickerdoodle Dough:
1/2 c. butter, at room temperature
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze:
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 to 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream or milk 
Ground cinnamon (to decorate)

Directions:

  1. For the cookies, in a large bowl beat together butter, sugar, and light brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla extract until smooth.  Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and beat on low speed just until combined (batter will be thick).
  2. Heat waffle iron.  Scoop 1 tablespoonful of dough and shape into balls before placing onto waffle iron.  Bake for desired time directed by your iron or until golden brown.  Carefully remove cookies to wire rack to cool.  Repeat until all of dough is used.
  3. For glaze, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.  Slowly beat in enough cream [or milk] to make glaze a drizzling consistency.  Drizzle over waffle cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon.  
Yield: 2 dozen cookies

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, this look amazing! Definitely trying these babies. And pinning for later, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm, fluffy waffle cookiessssss..let me have it, delicioussss ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my kind of cookies! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: