9.17.2012

Secret Recipe Club: Pepperoni Pizza Dip

.  Guys, you have to remember to tell me to submit my SRC participation form every month.  It's really your responsibility...(wink, wink).

Not sure if you noticed or not but it's again been a couple of months since my last SRC post because, yep you guessed it, I definitely forgot to enter my participation form for August, so I had to sit out.  Again.  Dang it.

But I'm back for September and not.  even.  kidding.  SRC brought me back with a bang!


Let's all give a little praise to SRC for assigning me The Avid Appetite, which led me to one of my all time favorite dips.  Ever.  Robbie agreed, too.

Pepperoni Pizza Dip.

Or just pizza dip, which you can adapt to be whatever kind of pizza your belly is craving.  This dip is truly versatile, the possibilities are as many as your creative minds can think up.  And that's just too many to count.


Robbie, his parents, and I had to do some deck painting this last weekend and after a good number of hours, I got to putting together this dip for a well deserved treat.  And I must say, everyone loved it.  There may have been a spoonful of the dip left after we were done.  And that's probably being generous.

This dip is creamy goodness with layers of your favorite pizza toppings, including onions, mozzarella, and pepperoni [or whatever meat you'd like!].  But don't be afraid to turn this dip into your favorite pizza.  Next time around I may have to try a Margherite Pizza [our personal favorite] or perhaps a garbage pizza with all of the goodies under the sun.  Dang, I want to make this dip again.  Now.


Thank you so very much, Rachel, for this outstanding dip!  This will definitely be going into my forever recipes drawer and you can bet it will make an appearance every football season.  Robbie thanks you, too ☺  .

My Notes:
  • I served this dip with Tostito's as well as a sliced up French baguette.  Both were great but Robbie and I agreed our favorite was the bread.  I'm sure there are some other great options, so I'd love to hear them if you try out this recipe!
Adapted from The Avid Appetite

Ingredients:
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
3/4 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 tsp. dried basil
1 medium onion, diced
8 oz. shredded mozzarella
Pepperoni slices, cut into fourths
Chips, bread, etc. to serve

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350°F.  Evenly spread cream cheese into the bottom of a 9-inch pan.  
  2. Spread tomato sauce evenly over cream cheese layer.  Sprinkle (to taste) oregano and basil over sauce and then sprinkle over onion.
  3. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over the onions and add pepperoni slices as the final layer.
  4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is browning.  Serve immediately.
post signature

13 comments:

  1. Anything with Pizza in the title I am sure to like! This looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I love anything pizza, so this is perfect for me. Great SRC pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only have one word for you...brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy heck! This looks absolutely amazing!!! I love dip but this kicks it over the top! Thanks for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would it be acceptable to just eat the whole recipe with a spoon as a meal? Because that's what I want to do right now. I'm right there with your pup--gimmee some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice reward after a long day of hard work! I could go for a little right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the perfect dip for a football Sunday! What a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe we got each other this month! I'm so happy that you tried this recipe - no matter how many other things I make, everyone always asks for pizza dip! We have it every football Sunday! I will need to try it with bread this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to make this pizza dip for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I love how it even LOOKS like a pizza from the top! I would love to have you come share 'Your Great Idea' over at the link up at 'Or so she says...', going on right now. Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jess,
    This looks amazing! All ooey gooey goodness. I love pizza so this is right up my alley. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week. Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: